I'm used to being on scene for wedding days and I also have been to many weddings. My very first job was banquet waitressing in a wedding hall. I have seen the good and the bad and feel I know the day from the inside out! I wanted to share a list with all of you future Brides and Bridesmaids of wedding essentials that you must have for the big event. Brides designate a bridesmaid to be in charge of this special bag and please don't pick the one that will be drunk before walking down the aisle. We all know there is at least one ;)
1. Mints - No gum! I know you learned not to chew like a cow but with all the nerves you will be chewing like a cow and not even realize it. Also, no mouth wash.. why you ask? What if you spill it all over that beautiful white dress? You don't spill things.. trust me there is enough comotion going around that someone may just bump into you while you are guzzling. Mints are safe!
2. Need and Thread - I don't know how many times I have watched a bridal party getting into their gowns and one rips and they need to be in pictures in 5 minutes. Sometimes you need to sew, don't worry you can be cut out later.
3. Safety Pins - Not only do dresses rip but zippers break as well and now how are you going to keep that zipper up?! Safety pin! Not to mention bussels always fall apart!
4. Bobby Pins - As much as we hair stylists prep you sometimes a pesky curl comes loose also when you pull a veil out or you are busting a move on the dance floor you may need to resecure
5. Clear Nail Polish - If you are wearing stockings and you get a run chances are you do not have time to change into new stockings paint some clear nail polish over it and you are good to go. Also if you wind up with cheap earrings and someone starts itching from it coat the post of the earing with the polish make sure it's dry completely before putting it in youe ear though. ;)
6. Deodorant - This one is pretty obvious, we sweat, and you are in a big heavy dress!
7. Pain reliever - Headaches come when we least want them.
8. Tums - Are stomachs are doing flip flops the last thing you need is a stomach ache.
9. Tissues - Just incase you cry.
10. Baby powder - slipping out of your shoes or sweaty feet sprinkle some right in your shoe.
11. Hair spray - I caution even saying this one because people go over board! I saw you a light spray nothing heavy and a little bit goes along way, we don't want you looking greasy!
12. Lipgloss for touch ups.
13. Contact solution and an extra pair if you wear them.
14. Candy - keep something a little sugary, chances are you won't eat much before saying I do!
15. Band Aids - just in case.
No matter what happens on your big day don't let anything stress you out! This is your day to be a Queen live it up and enjoy every minute! Hope these tips help!